Tuesday, August 4, 2009

P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. Fresh

Got a brand new exclusive track here from the forthcoming EP of the top dude of Lansing hip-hop, P.H.I.L.T.H.Y.
Press pack says this:
What’s love? P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. looks for the answer on his new EP with
Jansport J, entitled Love Songs For Losers and Ballads For Ballers.
Whether it’s romance, family, friends or God, P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. covers
all of the bases with this concept project. The first single, “Say
It,” sees P letting his guard down and telling his special someone how
he really feels.

I say this:
PHILTHY definitely succeeds here in making a track that's relaxed and engaging at the same time, and if any of you know or have seen him you know that's the vibe he's just about always putting out there. It definitely rides well off his last album, Save Us All, but with a little more cohesiveness in the production (not to forget about J) and recording. It sounds like he's actually in the track somewhere, not just rhyming on top of it. I'm looking forward to more of this on the new EP. Oh yeah, and SEE HIM LIVE! (dates on the myspace.)

P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. - Say It (Download)






No comments:

Post a Comment